The Blacksmith Shop

Blacksmith Shop

On permanent display at the Queen Victoria Museum at Inveresk.

The Blacksmith Shop consists of a series of buildings built between 1909 and 1937. Blacksmiths and other tradesmen worked in this area, shaping heated metal with either hand tools or a variety of mechanical hammers. The Blacksmith Shop remained in operation until the site closed in 1994.