Science Week for schools
Glass, more than meets the eye.
QVMAG will once again be running a special schools' program for Science Week from 15-19 August 2022.
The program which is designed for primary school students will celebrate the many roles that glass plays in our lives.
The 2022 program will include the following activities:
- Through the looking glass — Planetarium mini show: Find out how telescopes have given us a window into the universe.
- Hands on glass: Students will be challenged by a range of hands-on activities related to glass including exploring prisms, lenses and double glazing.
- Under the microscope: Use magnifiers and microscopes to examine and learn about fascinating objects from the QVMAG collection.
- From sand to glass: Discover how glass is made and blown in this film which has been created with local glass studio — Glass Manifesto
- Exploring through glass: Exploring glass through connection to country. Students will create a pendant to take home.
This whole-day experience is only $8 per student.