What's on in the Planetarium
The Planetarium is open Tuesday – Sunday (and Mondays during school holidays). Closed public holidays.
Planetarium shows are viewed from the comfort of cinema-style seats and include a live description of the night sky over Tasmania. Tickets can be purchased online via Eventbrite or at the front counter of the Museum at Inveresk until 10 minutes before the show (subject to availability).
Planetarium ticket prices
|Companion Card Holders
Companion Card holders can receive complimentary tickets to Planetarium shows for their companion when booking online via Eventbrite or in person at the Museum at Inveresk. Please present your Companion Card when collecting your tickets prior to the show commencing.
||To make group bookings (including schools) please call 6323 3798 or email our Bookings Officer.
Please note: Family tickets cover admission for two adults and two children, or one adult and three children. Tickets will need to be purchased for additional family members.
Book tickets now
Terms and conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable and booking fees apply.
- While face masks are no longer required, we do encourage mask wearing as extra protection in areas such as the Launceston Planetarium where visitors are unable to physically distance.
- Eventbrite assistance is available Monday to Friday, between 8.30 am to 3.30 pm.
- Eventbrite bookings close the day prior to each show.
- Bookings can only be held when payment is made at the time of booking.
- You must arrive 15 minutes before the shows start time.
- Check in at the front desk reception to collect tickets before heading around to the Planetarium foyer.
- Uncollected Eventbrite tickets will be forfeited if arrival is less than 15 minutes beforehand.
- If you are unable to use Eventbrite on your phone or computer, our bookings officer can help you with this process. Call 6323 3798. Booking fees will still apply.
See what's showing