QVMAG includes two sites in Launceston: the Museum at Inveresk and Art Gallery at Royal Park.
Click on the Google maps below to find your way to us.
Museum: 2 Invermay Road, Launceston
Art Gallery: 2 Wellington Street, Launceston
Drive: Our two sites are just a few minutes apart by car
Catch the Tiger Bus: The free Tiger Bus provides easy access between the Museum and Art Gallery. The full timetable is available at Metro Tasmania's website. All Tiger Bus services are operated by wheelchair-accessible vehicles.
Walk: A scenic 15-20 minute flat walk along the Tamar and North Esk rivers takes you between the Museum and Art Gallery.
Museum at Inveresk
Inveresk Precinct car park: 2 Invermay Road, Launceston. Open 24 hours. Hourly rates apply.
Art Gallery at Royal Park
Paterson Street West car park: 79-81 Paterson Street, Launceston. Open Monday - Saturday 9am to midnight, Sunday 10am to 5.30pm. Hourly rates apply. On-street parking on Paterson Street. Hourly rates apply.
We are committed to ensuring the well-being and safety of our visitors and staff as we face the challenges of COVID-19.
All visitors are required to download and check-in via the Check in TAS app in readiness for their visit. For more information on the Check in TAS App, please click here.
Six parking bays marked for disability access are available adjacent to the front entry portal of the QVMAG Museum at Inveresk. The car park is flat and access to the Museum's front door is level with entry to this car park off Invermay Road.
A wheelchair is available at both QVMAG sites for use by visitors. Please ask at the visitor information desk on arrival or book a wheelchair ahead of your visit by calling 03 6323 3777.
Accessible toilets and lift access are also available at both sites.
All backpacks, bags and umbrellas need to be cloaked at both sites, for the safety of the QVMAG collection and exhibits. Please ask an attendant at our front desks for assistance.
Lockers are available for general storage.
Prams and wheelchairs are allowed throughout the Museum and Art Gallery.
Relax and refuel at the in-house cafes at both QVMAG sites.
The Railway Café at the Museum and the Tea Room at the Art Gallery offer hot drinks, light lunches and sweet treats.
Please note food and drink (with the exception of water bottles) are NOT permitted in galleries.
Please note children aged under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible person aged over 16 at all times at QVMAG sites.
Parenting rooms are available at both the Museum and Art Gallery.
Unless specified by signage, photography and video is permitted by QVMAG.
Smoking is NOT permitted at QVMAG.
By entering the City of Launceston’s Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery you agree to abide by the Conditions of Entry listed.
If you do not observe these Conditions of Entry you may be asked to leave.
Conditions of Entry are subject to change and upon entering QVMAG you are responsible for ensuring you are aware of the current Conditions of Entry.
Unless otherwise indicated, please do not touch collection objects.
Please check in all umbrellas, backpacks, large bags and parcels at the cloakroom.
Non-flash photography and video recording is permitted for personal use, unless stated otherwise.
No food or drink allowed in the galleries except water bottles.
The Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery is a smoke-free environment. Please ask at Information Desk for directions to a designated smoking area.
Children under 12 years must be supervised at all times by a responsible person over 16 years.
- QVMAG accepts no liability for any loss or damage to property, or injury to any person however arising.
- Visitors must obey all signs, notices and directions given by QVMAG staff.
- With the exception of guide dogs or assistance animals, or in relation to a specific museum program, no animals or pets are allowed in QVMAG.
- Items needing identification or being offered for donation cannot be accepted at our Information Desk. Initial approaches should be made via by filling in the form found on our website.
- A person must not bring any offensive or dangerous articles into QVMAG.
- Due to the nature of our site we ask that you wear shoes while exploring QVMAG.
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of our visitors, we reserve the right to refuse entry to, or request the following persons leave the premises:
- any person deemed to be intoxicated or affected by a prohibited substance;
- any person who exhibits abusive, disruptive or offensive behaviour and/or language;
- any person who wilfully damages or attempts to wilfully damage property and/or collection items;
- any person who attempts to bring any restricted or prohibited item on to the premises; and
- any person who behaves in a manner that a member of the our staff reasonably believe could cause actual or potential injury to themselves, or others, or whose behaviour and/or actions constitute a public nuisance.