Plan your visit
The reopening of QVMAG to our community has been planned to ensure the highest level of safety for both our visitors and staff.
Onsite Changes and Updates
Onsite COVID-19 support measures:
- Visitors will be asked to register upon arrival to allow for contact tracing. Information collected will be for the purpose of contract tracing only and will be stored securely on City of Launceston servers.
- Both QVMAG sites can host a maximum of 250 visitors based on the Stage 3 Public Health advice. These numbers will be monitored by staff.
- 1.5 metre distancing and hygiene signage will be featured throughout both facilities.
- Occupancy within each space will adhere to the one person per 2 square metre rule with signage indicating the maximum number of people per area.
- One-way traffic flow will be established in gallery areas where practical.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be available upon arrival and throughout each site.
- The Art Gallery at Royal Park will have a maximum of 10 people per booked guided tour, with tours running daily.
- High touch activities will be frequently cleaned throughout the day, or otherwise remain temporarily closed until further notice.
- Public programs and events will remain on hold for now
- Our Friends Lounge is now open with social distancing and occupancy limits in place
- Our History Centre has revised visiting hours, see our opening hours for details
Key operational updates:
- QVMAG Inveresk opening hours are 10am to 4pm, daily.
- QVMAG Royal Park opening hours are 10am to 4pm daily, with guided tours from 2.15pm daily
- Guided tour bookings will be available via Eventbrite. Bookings are essential.
QVMAG spans across two sites — the Museum at Inveresk and Art Gallery at Royal Park.
- 2 Invermay Road, Launceston
- 2 Wellington Street, Launceston
Visiting the QVMAG Museum at Inveresk and Art Gallery at Royal Park is free. Entries fees apply to the Launceston Planetarium at Inveresk. Art Gallery guided tours at Royal Park will be free for an introductory period.
To book your spot in an upcoming guided tour please visit our Eventbrite page.
QVMAG Café & Gift Shops
Gift shops at both locations will be open for the duration of our opening hours.
- Inveresk: 10am to 4pm, daily.
- Royal Park: 10am to 4pm, daily.
The café at both Inveresk and Royal Park will remain closed.
Getting to QVMAG
We have a range of parking options available located in close proximity to both the QVMAG Museum and the Art Gallery.
The Museum at Inveresk:
The Art Gallery at Royal Park: