Plan your visit
We've made some changes to our operations as a result of COVID-19 to ensure the highest level of safety for our visitors and staff.
Onsite changes and updates
Onsite COVID-19 support measures:
- Visitors are required to register upon arrival to allow for contact tracing. Information collected is for the purpose of contract tracing only and will be stored securely on City of Launceston servers.
- QVMAG monitors the number of visitors permitted on site within individual gallery spaces in line with Public Health advice.
- 1.5 metre distancing and hygiene signage will be featured throughout both facilities.
- Occupancy within each space will adhere to the one person per 2 square metre rule with signage indicating the maximum number of people per area.
- One-way traffic flow will be established in gallery areas where practical.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be available upon arrival and throughout each site.
- High touch activities will be frequently cleaned throughout the day, or otherwise remain temporarily closed until further notice.
- Public programs and events will be modified to meet COVID-19 safe practices.
- Our Friends Lounge is open with social distancing and occupancy limits in place
- Our History Centre has revised visiting hours, see our opening hours for details
QVMAG spans across two sites — the Museum at Inveresk and Art Gallery at Royal Park.
- Museum at Inveresk, 2 Invermay Road, Launceston
- Art Gallery at Royal Park, 2 Wellington Street, Launceston
For location maps, parking and transport information click here.
Visiting the QVMAG Museum at Inveresk and Art Gallery at Royal Park is free. Entry fees apply to the Launceston Planetarium at Inveresk, and to selected programs and events.
Gift shops at both locations will be open for the duration of our opening hours.
- Inveresk: 10am to 4pm, daily.
- Royal Park: 10am to 4pm, daily.
Getting to QVMAG
We have a range of parking options available located in close proximity to both the QVMAG Museum and the Art Gallery.
The Museum at Inveresk:
The Art Gallery at Royal Park: